If you are just renting your dwelling, you only need Renters Insurance, also known as a Tenants Policy. A tenants package can be customized to include several kinds of coverage, including, but not limited to:
- Personal property, in the event of damage caused by water, fire, or earthquake;
- Personal or professional electronic equipment, such as computers or music equipment, in the event of damage caused by power surge;
- Liability insurance, in the event that someone gets hurt or their property is damaged in or around your home and they hold you liable; and
- Loss due to theft, attempted theft, or burglary.
* All coverages are subject to limitations and exclusions. Please speak to a licensed insurance agent, read the policy wordings and the certificate of insurance for definitions, limitations and exclusions.